Judith Ortiz Cofer
Gordon, Stephanie. "An Interview with Judith Ortiz Cofer." AWP Chronicle, Oct.-Nov. 1997, pp. 1-9, www.uhu.es/antonia.dominguez/latinas/coferinterview5.pdf. Accessed 4 May 2017.
- Ortiz Cofer discusses storytelling traditions in her family in the first two questions of this interview (pages 1-2). You may not need to read the whole interview to find the information you're looking for.
Karr, Paul. "The Quilting of Cultures." University of Georgia Research Magazine, Fall 1998, researchmagazine.uga.edu/fall98/quilt.html. Accessed 4 May 2017.
- This article has some harder vocabulary, but it explains how Ortiz Cofer's life experiences affected her writing.
"Meet the Author: Judith Ortiz Cofer." Vimeo, uploaded by Fairfax Network, vimeo.com/49604717. Accessed 4 May 2017.
- In this short (1:30) video clip Ortiz Cofer introduces experiences that influenced her writing.
Ortiz Cofer, Judith. "Casa: A Partial Remembrance of a Puerto Rican Childhood." GregTeach, Greg Christensen, gregteach.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/4_Casa.249123554.pdf. Accessed 4 May 2017.
- Ortiz Cofer talks about her grandmother's storytelling in her own words in this primary source essay (6 pages)
Sather, Jody. "Judith Ortiz Cofer." Edited by Lauren Cuthright. Voices from the Gaps, U of Minnesota, 23 Oct. 2004, conservancy.umn.edu/bitstream/handle/11299/166126/Ortiz%20Cofer%2c%20Judith.pdf. Accessed 4 May 2017.
- This article has some basic, but helpful details about Ortiz Cofer's life. The first two paragraphs of page 2 and last two paragraphs of page 3 include comments about her childhood that may help you understand why memories she describes in other articles are so important to her.